Cloud computing, often referred to as simply “the cloud,” is the delivery of on-demand computing resources — everything from applications to data centers — over the internet on a pay-for-use basis.
- Elastic resources — Scale up or down quickly and easily to meet demand
- Metered service so you only pay for what you use
- Self service — All the IT resources you need with self-service access
- You can sign up and rapidly start using innovative business apps
- Apps and data are accessible from any connected computer
- No data is lost if your computer breaks, as data is in the cloud
- The service is able to dynamically scale to usage needs